Evaluate to Win
Evaluate to Win is a new employee evaluation app designed to drive company goals and properly motivate employees.
I joined the team in May 2011 as principal front-end developer during a crucial time in the app’s development.
I worked with the design team to implement new, improved design assets throughout the app, including major new functionality. I also wrote jQuery plugins for a number of key features that enhance the user experience.
- Custom jQuery plugins for interactive AJAX-driven UIs
- Pixel-perfect implementation of design assets using CSS3
- Reduction in template repetition using Apache Tiles for greater flexibility & development efficiency
- Complete front-to-back implementation of marketing site (evaluatetowin.com) from design assets
Pristine Auction faced some tough challenges at its inception. The site operates on an auction cycle where all items end simultaneously. But the server couldn’t handle the traffic load, bringing the entire site down in its most critical moments.
Furthermore, the site’s developers were becoming increasingly unresponsive and difficult to work with. Critical feature requests were misunderstood and mishandled on a regular basis.
I worked with Pristine Auction to move the site to a reliable virtualized hosting provider, handling all of the Linux server installation and configuration necessary for their needs. I also identified and fixed the critical performance problems that were responsible for the site’s high server load. Prisitine Auction has been much more reliable since these changes, despite an increase in traffic.
Despite having no previous experience with the Zend Framework (the foundation for the site’s code), I quickly began contributing some much needed improvements to the site. I continue to work with Pristine Auction to develop major new functionality and administrate the site.
- Complete setup and administration of Linux server, with Apache, MySQL, PHP, git and more
- Automatic Google Product Search submission
- Greatly improved reimplementation of auction payment process
- Solution for displaying and printing invoices
- Voice & SMS account verification via Tropo
- SQL query optimization
- SSL security for checkout process
- Numerous other enhancements to preexisting Zend Framework code base
B&B Exhaust designs and manufactures custom high-performance exhaust systems for sports cars, trucks and SUVs. I assisted B&B Exhaust with a refreshed design to better showcase their feature products on the front page, and to promote their social media outreach on Facebook and Youtube.
- HTML/CSS implementation of new front page design
- Redesigned video sidebar with Youtube integration
Nationwide Satellite is a reseller of HughesNet Satellite Internet and DirecTV. I joined a small team of programming contractors for Nationwide Satellite, and quickly became their primary contributor. Working chiefly on enhancements to their backend CRM application, I’ve also worked with forms on their customer-facing site to better track and convert on sales leads.
- 3rd-party SOAP API integration for more accurate and timely reporting
- PSD to HTML email conversion
- Integration of various 3rd-party APIs with customer-facing forms
- Reporting of sale conversion rate
- Numerous enhancements and bug fixes for custom CRM application